Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Elul 22 Parenting #1

It is 10:55 pm and i just came home from work.  Between appointments and teaching high school students today, I called the kids to check in.  I spoke with the girls and then my 1st grade son got on the phone.  He was in the middle of doing his homework and in his particular way, asked me to wait with him on the phone while he did his homework.  He told me not to speak to him.  He would speak to me first, when he finished writing his last word for the assignment.  I agreed.  So I waited.  After 12 minutes of silence, I called his name.  He ignored me.  I waited......

Then finally I heard, "Mom! Mom! Are you there?! Still There?!"  And I said "I am here.  I love you.  How was your day?"
While my appointment waited for me to finish the call, I found out about his day.

I noticed on this, the 22 day of Elul, that when I practice turning to the Light within me, I can be present when Light within someone else is ready to call my name.  Blessings of Teshuva.

No comments:

Post a Comment