Monday, September 12, 2011

Elul 14 where will my help come from?

Turning takes effort.  It is hard to turn, to repent, to connect even for one day--let alone an entire month.  We are now at the half way point in the month of Elul and I find that inspiration is useful to stay the course.... Today I turned to this psalm and this melody by Yosef Karduner. 


Psalm 121: Shir HaMaalot--A Song for ascents.


I turn my eyes to the mountains; from where will my help come from?
My help comes from the Eternal, Maker of heaven and earth.
God will not let your foot give way; you guardian will not slumber;
See, the guardian of Israel neither slumbers nor sleeps!
The Eternal is your guardian, The Eternal is your protection at your right hand.
By day the sun will not strike you, nor the moon by night.
The Eternal will guard you from all harm; God will guard your life. 
The Eternal will guard your going and coming now and forever.  (JPS, adapted)


Shir Hamalot/Psalm 121  by Yosef Karduner. 






1 comment: